Effective Date: May 19th, 2019
Truple helps you and those close to you, stay accountable to each other in your use of electronic devices. Truple's Services accomplishes this by taking screenshots of monitored devices, and then sharing those screenshots with the appropriate account owner and admins. Truple is committed to protecting the privacy of the information we gather as well as the information given to us as we provide our Services to you.
Information We Collect, and Who We Share It With
In general, we may collect information from you or you may provide information to us. The information may identify you or may not identify you. We may collect this information from you or you may provide it to us through a website, mobile application, or desktop application. When we obtain this information, it may be stored on servers in the United States and other countries.
Specific Information We Collect
- Screenshots - Our Services capture screenshots of monitored devices. We may analyze these screenshots to provide our Services. We will never share these screenshots, or data gathered from analyzing the screenshots, with any third party aside from the monitored device’s account owner and admins. Screenshots are stored encrypted on Amazon Web Services (see below).
- Website and Application history - Our Services capture websites visited and applications used.
- Email - During the signup process you provide us with your email. We may use your email to provide our Services to you. We may use your email to send you promotional and marketing material, however you can opt out from receiving promotional or marketing material through email by using the unsubscribe link in the email. We will not share your email address with any third party aside from Stripe, Inc. our payment processor, Bugsnag, Inc our crash reporting service, and Amplitude, Inc. our user behavior analytics platform.
- Device names and settings - As you add devices to your account, you will provide each device with a name. We will not share your device names or settings with any third party.
- We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host our Services and to store user data, including screenshots. To read more on how AWS uses data, see https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
How We Use Your Information
In General. We use your information to do the following:
- deliver our Services and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of our Services;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, or mobile devices;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial Information. We may use financial information to (1) process payment for purchases made on our website or application, (2) enroll you in Services in which you elect to participate, (3) to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and (4) otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Other Situations. We may disclose your information in the following situations:
- in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency.
- to establish or exercise our legal rights;
- to defend against legal claims;
- to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- when we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing;
- to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others;
- to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies;
- in connection with a substantial corporate transaction; or
- as otherwise required by law.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions or disclose this information directly or use a third party, such as Stripe, Inc. as described above, to perform these functions on our behalf. The third party will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us.
Deletion of Personal Data
- All screenshots are automatically deleted 15 days after they're taken.
- If you wish to have your account deleted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to obtain a copy of all of your information that we have, please contact email@example.com
Security of our Service
We take your privacy very seriously and our Services have several technical measures in place to protect your information. Such measures include the following:
- All private information is communicated over secure HTTPS.
- All screenshots are encrypted server side using AES 256 bit encryption.
However, we cannot guarantee, and you should not expect, that the information we collect from you will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
No Rights of Third Parties